THE CITY Task Force is eyeing to start the weekend vaccination drive for 12-17 age groups, especially those individuals and workers who cannot take a break from work on weekdays.
“We will have our weekend vaccination rollout – possible this week or next week but we are aiming na maka (that we can) open this coming Saturday,” Davao City COVID-19 Task Force spokesperson Dr. Michelle Schlosser said in an interview over Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday.
Schlosser said that they are now only arranging the manpower and logistics and will announce the opening of the vaccination sites for weekend jabs on the City Government of Davao Facebook Page.
“This is not for five to eleven (5-11), this will be for twelve to seventeen (12-17) years old and adults. Ginapag-usapan na nato ang para sa special hubs nato. We are gradually opening up weekend hubs para dili pud kalit and hapsay pud siya (This is not for 5 to 11, this will be for 12 for 17 years old. We are also in talks about the opening of our five to eleven (5-11) years old special hubs. We will be gradually opening up our weekend hubs so that it will be more organized),” Schlosser said.
She added that the vaccination site in Crocodile Park is best for those who have vehicles. This area will be inspected within the week.
Schlosser urged Davaoeños to take the chance to get the booster dose during the weekend vaccination drive.
“Please kuhaa na ni nga chance kay daghan kaayo ang available na vaccines (Please take this chance because we have so many available vaccines),” she said.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment