THE military reported that remains of a former member of the New People’s Army were exhumed Friday in a forested area of Pintoy Hill, Purok Banban, Barangay Lumiad, Paquibato District.
Based on the report, soldiers and members of the police exhumed the remains of Ritchel Daydayan, a former rebel living in Purok 11, Sitio Kibalatong, Brgy Paňalum.
The report added that Daydayan, 35 when he was executed, was a victim of the NPA’s “kangaroo court under the late Leoncio Pitao, commanding officer of Pulang Bagani Command (PBC1) operating in Paquibato,
The community where he a resident informed the law enforcers about his remains, the report added as he was executed nine years ago.
The victim’s wife, Analyn condemned the armed group for his fate.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC