TWENTY-EIGHT out of 43 linemen sent by AboitizPower subsidiary, Davao Light and Power Co. Inc. (Davao Light), and Aboitiz Foundation are still headstrong in helping Cebu with the restoration of power due to line damages brought about by Typhoon Odette late last year.
Since days before Christmas of 2021 until the present, the Davao Light team are doing re-energization works at Cebu City, Talisay City, Mandaue City, Municipality of Liloan, Municipality of San Fernando, and Municipality of Minglanilla, with the first batch of 28 deployed on December 16 and an additional 15 deployed on December 27.
The first group was dispatched ahead of the landfall in anticipation of Typhoon Odette’s effects. “In the spirit of humanity, we are ready to help, not only in victories but most especially in trying times”, Davao Light President and COO Rodger S. Velasco said. Since then, the crew has helped with the clearing operations, re-erecting toppled poles, installation of new poles, distribution transformers and line hardware, stringing of new wires, and repairing of existing wires. As of the latest report, the crew has helped restore power in the majority of the barangays within the Visayan Electric franchise, with approximately 60,000 meters of repaired and strung wires of different sizes, installing more than 200 poles and about 100 distribution transformers, while helping more than 55,000 customers and counting.
As of March 4, 2022, 98.88% or 468,890 out of the 474,182 affected customers of Visayan Electric have already been energized within its franchise area.
Fifteen Davao Light linemen already arrived in Davao City on March 4 while the remaining linemen are still helping in the restoration activities and are expected to be home mid-March this year.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon