THE Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) will ensure that ample support is provided to units securing key facilities within and near the West Philippine Sea (WPS).
Colonel Jorry Baclor, AFP Public Affairs Office (PAO) chief, said AFP Chief of Staff Andres Centino made the assurance during his visit to the headquarters of Joint Task Force Malampaya in El Nido, Palawan as the unit is responsible in securing the Malampaya gas field.
Centino also assured the Philippine Navy during his visit that the AFP will continue with its modernization program.
“The AFP recognizes your sacrifices and contributions in safeguarding our territory and people in this part of the country. Rest assured that as your Chief of Staff, I will leave the AFP and the Philippine Navy modernized and very different from its state when I entered the military service,” he said.
Baclor said Centino inspected the former Matinloc and Nido gas platforms also in Palawan and inspected the Philippine Navy’s Barko ng Republika nang Pilipinas (BRP) Jose Rizal (FF150), which conducts routine patrols in the West Philippine Sea (WPS).
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat