Man arrested for
A MAN carrying illegal drugs and an unlicensed firearm was arrested at the military and police checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District on Saturday, Feb 26 at 2:59 a.m.
The Task Force Davao and the Davao City Police Office apprehended Ignacio John Abracia III, 43, married, and a resident of Sudapin, Kidapawan City.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the Task Force Davao spokesperson, said Abracia was onboard a white Kia L300 bearing the plate number LAG 1557 when apprehended for the violation of the Comelec gun ban and anti-illegal drug campaign.
During the mandatory inspection, he said the suspect yielded a .45 caliber pistol loaded with nine rounds of live ammunition, and a sachet of suspected shabu weighing around 1.1 grams with an estimated street value of P17,700 and drug paraphernalia.
Col. Darren Comia, the Task Force Davao commander, lauded the troops for diligently performing their duty even in the most sleep-tempting hours of the night where perpetrators usually take advantage of. The suspect and contrabands were immediately turned over to Toril Police Station for proper disposition.
Drug suspect nabbed
at Lasang checkpoint
A MAN carrying illegal drugs on Friday, Feb. 25, was nabbed at around 5:30 pm at the military and police in Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District.
Authorities revealed that over P28,480 worth of suspected shabu was intercepted from suspect Rolando Bayno Pologon, 33, married, a resident of Purok 8, Tacunan, Tugbok District.
The Task Force Davao and Davao City Police Office personnel apprehended the suspect during the mandatory inspection.
Reports said that Pologon was on board a Super Great Fuso truck bearing plate number CAP 3647 traveling toward Davao City when a sachet of contraband weighing more than one gram was discovered inside his vehicle.
The suspect is now under the custody of Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls