THE military reported Friday that five members of the New People’s Army were killed in an encounter with soldiers of the 1001st Infantry Brigade in Purok-8, Barangay Andap, New Bataan, Davao de Oro, early Thursday.
The report said among those killed were Jojarain Alce Nguho II alias Rain and Chad Booc alias Chad as three others were still unidentified, among them a woman.
Captain Mark Anthony Tito, 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, they were members of the Regional Headquarters, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (RHQ, SMRC), a unit believed to led by Eric Jun Casilao and Leo Lacumbo.
Tito theorized that aside from those who were killed, there might be others who were wounded because of the traces of blood at the site.
The report said the encounter lasted for 15 minutes as the rebels withdrew while leaving behind some firearms, food supplies and personal belongings.
The report added that Booc was among those arrested in a Bakwit school in San Carlos University – Talamban Campus in Cebu City for allegedly bringing members of the indigenous community from Talaingod, Davao del Norte to the campus.
Booc graduated cum laude in his Bachelor of Computer Science course from the the University of the Philippines-Diliman.
After finishing school, he volunteered as teacher in the Alternative Learning Center for Agricultural Development in Lianga, Surigao del Sur, and later transferred to the Bakwit School in Cebu.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence