LAW ENFORCERS on Wednesday arrested a man who was allegedly involved in the burning of the Lapanday Corp. plastic plant in April 2017 that also resulted in the death of a fish vendor.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Regional Field Unit (RFU) identified the suspect as Quirwin Lanson Cataag, 36, of Purok 2B, Upper Dampa, Barangay Magtuod and a former member of the Pulang Bagani Command of the New People’s Army.
Lieutenant Col Milgrace Driz, the deputy regional chief of CIDG 11, said the group of Cataag was operating in some parts of the city, Davao del Norte and Kidapawan City.
A police team served the arrest warrant on Cataag who was accused of frustrated murder. Judge Rogelio R. Narisma of the Regional Trial Court Branch 23 in Kidapawan City issued the warrant on December 4, 2007.
The report said the suspect was involved in the burning of the plastic plant which resulted in the death of a fish vendor on April 29, 2017. The attackers used an improvised explosive in the attack.
The report added that he was also among those who burned the heavy equipment of Ulticon Builders in Brgy. Callawa, Buhangin Dist. and a container van in Sitio Banarao, Brgy. Talandang, Tugbok District.
Moreover, Driz said the arrested person is tagged as Top 1 Most Wanted person of CIDG-Davao City Field Unit and Top 5 Most wanted person of Davao City Police Office (City Level).
For now, the Arrested person was properly documented and presently detained at Talomo Police station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon