LAW ENFORCERS on Wednesday arrested a man who was allegedly involved in the burning of the Lapanday Corp. plastic plant in April 2017 that also resulted in the death of a fish vendor.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Regional Field Unit (RFU) identified the suspect as Quirwin Lanson Cataag, 36, of Purok 2B, Upper Dampa, Barangay Magtuod and a former member of the Pulang Bagani Command of the New People’s Army.
Lieutenant Col Milgrace Driz, the deputy regional chief of CIDG 11, said the group of Cataag was operating in some parts of the city, Davao del Norte and Kidapawan City.
A police team served the arrest warrant on Cataag who was accused of frustrated murder. Judge Rogelio R. Narisma of the Regional Trial Court Branch 23 in Kidapawan City issued the warrant on December 4, 2007.
The report said the suspect was involved in the burning of the plastic plant which resulted in the death of a fish vendor on April 29, 2017. The attackers used an improvised explosive in the attack.
The report added that he was also among those who burned the heavy equipment of Ulticon Builders in Brgy. Callawa, Buhangin Dist. and a container van in Sitio Banarao, Brgy. Talandang, Tugbok District.
Moreover, Driz said the arrested person is tagged as Top 1 Most Wanted person of CIDG-Davao City Field Unit and Top 5 Most wanted person of Davao City Police Office (City Level).
For now, the Arrested person was properly documented and presently detained at Talomo Police station.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls