THE MILITARY reported that three members of the New People’s Army, including a couple, were killed in separate encounters with soldiers of the 402nd Infantry Brigade under 4th Infantry Division in Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental last week.
The report said those who died were Jelan Pinakilid, his wife Darling and Renerio Dablo.
The Pinakilid couple were killed on February 18 and that a handgun and hand grenade were recovered from them.
Major Francisco Garello Jr., 4th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said Jelan was facing multiple cases that included attempted murder, frustrated murder, Illegal possession of firearms, genocide, before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Butuan City.
Garello said the day before, another team of soldiers from the brigade also killed Dablo in an encounter where the soldiers were able to recover two rifles.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat