SM Foundation has partnered with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI for the distribution of P4.3-million worth of black shoes and sanitizers for communities in different provinces in the region.
Through SM City Davao, SM Lanang Premier, and The SM Store, a total of 12,503 brand new pairs of shoes and 1,826 bottles of sanitizers were turned over to DSWD XI as part of the Operation Tulong Express (OPTE) program of SM Foundation.
“This is our way of giving back to the communities,” said Lester R. Tantoco, mall manager of SM City Davao.
The social welfare department plans to provide the items especially to those under the Pantawid Pamiyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) in different provinces of the region.
In a statement of the department, Merlinda Paragamac, OIC – assistant regional director for administration of DSWD XI, said the efforts made by SM Foundation support the causes and programs of the agency.
“The recipients will surely be happy to receive these items coming from good-hearted groups like SM,” Paragamac said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon