THE CITY government is setting up three vaccination sites for pediatric vaccination against COVID-19 which stars today.
Identified for the rollout of the program, which is intended to provide shots to those between five and 11, are the Davao City Recreation Center or Almendras Gym, the San Roque Elementary School in Bo. Obrero, Lacson St, Poblacion District and the Vicente Hizon Elementary School in Daang Maharlika Highway, Barangay Vicente Hizon, Sr., Buhangin District.
But the city government said children will be provided with vaccines for as long as their parents register them through the Safe Davao Quick Response Code which will require them to present birth certificate, proof of relationship between those that will register and the children and the and the certificate of consent.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, spokesperson of the City COVID-19 Task Force, urged parents to register their children and bring their birth certificates when they are scheduled to get vaccinated to prove their age as well as bring documents that will prove their relationship between the parents or their guardians and the children. .
“Kay kung kinsa ang mouban sa bata they will be giving out consent sa vaccination,” Schlosser said as she assured that the city government has enough vaccines for 260,000 children within the age bracket.
Aside from the three sites, pediatric vaccination is also available at the Southern Philippines Medical Center and Davao Medical School Foundation. It is also looking at including the Davao Doctor’s Hospital and the Seamen’s Hospital for the program.
It has so far provided shots to 1,688 children when it rolled out the program on February 14 and February 17.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon