A FAMILY driver died after he was mutilated by his employer due to jealousy in Purok, Barangay Tacunan, Tugbok District, at 6:40 p.m. on Feb. 14
Police identified the victim as Danilo Aranzo, 51, family driver and a resident of Sitio Sto Niño in Tugbok.
Initial investigation showed that the victim was in the house together with his employer Susan, the wife of the suspect, Alexander Taglucop.
Suddenly, the suspect struck the victim in the head using a piece of brick and Aranzo fell to the ground. Allegedly the suspect tied the hands of the victim then pulled down the pants and amputated the penis.
According to Lt. Jeffrey Bancas of Tugbok Police, the victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMS) by the 911 ambulance. However, he was pronounced dead by his attending physician on Feb. 15 around 4 a.m.
The suspect was immediately arrested by the Tugbok police.
Recovered from the house was the knife measuring 20.5 cm from tip to handle that was used by the suspect to dismember Aranzo. They also took into custody the brick weighing about a kilo to serve as evidence for the case to be filed against the suspect.
On Wednesday morning, around 10 a.m., a case for murder was filed against Alexander Taglucop before the City Prosecutor Office, through e-inquest proceeding docketed with I.S # INQ-22-B- 0450, under City Prosecutor Delfin Suarez.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls