THE Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has ordered PESOBEE, PESO T-SAFE ONLINE CASH, RUSHLOAN, SPENDCASH, TAPA and WITHU to immediately cease and desist from engaging in, carrying out, promoting and facilitating ANY LENDING ACTIVITY/TRANSACTION without the necessary licenses from the Commission.
The SEC found that the operators of these online lending applications are illegally engaging in lending activities even if they are not registered as corporations, and have no Certificate of Authority issued by the Commission, as required under R. A. No. 9474, otherwise known as the Lending Act.
Moreover, the abusive collection practices employed by these operators constitute unfair debt collection practices prohibited under SEC Memorandum Circular No. 18, Series of 2019 (Prohibition of Unfair Debt Collection Practices of Financing Companies and Lending Companies).
For complaints against individuals/companies engaging in lending activities without CA, please send your email to Enforcement and Investor Protection Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
For complaints against abusive collection practices, please visit https://www.sec.gov.ph/
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art