THE Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has ordered PESOBEE, PESO T-SAFE ONLINE CASH, RUSHLOAN, SPENDCASH, TAPA and WITHU to immediately cease and desist from engaging in, carrying out, promoting and facilitating ANY LENDING ACTIVITY/TRANSACTION without the necessary licenses from the Commission.
The SEC found that the operators of these online lending applications are illegally engaging in lending activities even if they are not registered as corporations, and have no Certificate of Authority issued by the Commission, as required under R. A. No. 9474, otherwise known as the Lending Act.
Moreover, the abusive collection practices employed by these operators constitute unfair debt collection practices prohibited under SEC Memorandum Circular No. 18, Series of 2019 (Prohibition of Unfair Debt Collection Practices of Financing Companies and Lending Companies).
For complaints against individuals/companies engaging in lending activities without CA, please send your email to Enforcement and Investor Protection Department at email@example.com
For complaints against abusive collection practices, please visit https://www.sec.gov.ph/
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?