A PASSENGER was apprehended at the joint PNP-Army checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Feb 15.
The suspect was identified as Loquizence Abarquez Albios, 36, married, and a resident of Purok 6, Sugbongcogon Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. He allegedly tried to smuggle drugs into Davao City.
According to Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, the suspect was arrested by the authorities at around 8:45 a.m. after inspecting a public utility van.
Intercepted from Albios were two sachets of suspected shabu weighing 3.31 grams with an estimated street value of P52,960.
The suspect was immediately turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat