A PASSENGER was apprehended at the joint PNP-Army checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Feb 15.
The suspect was identified as Loquizence Abarquez Albios, 36, married, and a resident of Purok 6, Sugbongcogon Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. He allegedly tried to smuggle drugs into Davao City.
According to Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, the suspect was arrested by the authorities at around 8:45 a.m. after inspecting a public utility van.
Intercepted from Albios were two sachets of suspected shabu weighing 3.31 grams with an estimated street value of P52,960.
The suspect was immediately turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls