THE Police Regional Office-11 (PRO-11) has prepared its security plan for the election period as the campaign period for national positions started Tuesday.
Major Eudisan Gultiano, PRO-11, said that despite the region being always generally peaceful during elections, the office will continue to monitor the security situation as it is always prepared to act when necessary.
“So far we have not received any reports regarding sa incidents during the start of campaign period,” said Gultiano, although she added that the assessment was too early.
She said teams have been deployed to all areas including those that are identified in the election watchlist areas.
She said more teams are sent to areas identified in the list as two cities and 16 towns in the region were included.
Based on the classification, a town or city is included in the list if it has a history of election-related incidents or criminal and other armed groups are present in the areas.
In the region, those included in the list are Bansalan, Digos City, Kiblawan, Matanao, Magsaysay and Sta. Cruz in Davao del Sur; Tagum, New Corella and Talaingod in Davao del Norte; Jose Abad Santos in Davao Occidental; Lupon in Davao Oriental; while Laak, Mabini, Maco, Maragusan, Mawab, Monkayo, New Bataan, Pantukan and Montevista in Davao de Oro.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art