TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested by the authorities after illegal drugs were allegedly confiscated from them while passing through the joint military-police checkpoints in the city.
Capt. John Dema-ala, the Task Force Davao spokesperson, identified one of them as Rufo Jay Edison G. Galabin, 20, single, a resident of Barangay Megcawayan, Calinan District.
He was onboard a blue MC Raider 150 with registration No. 1101-1025677 when apprehended at the Lacson checkpoint in Calinan District on Friday, Jan. 28.
Seized from his possession was a pack of suspected marijuana weighing around ten grams with an estimated street value of P5,000.
On Saturday, Jan. 29, Abdul Wahid Tagabunlang Tamay, 40, married, a resident of Limatoc St., Central (Poblacion) Mati, Davao Oriental, was arrested at the Lasang checkpoint in Bunawan District.
Seized from him were two sachets of shabu weighing 1.68 grams with an estimated street value of P26,880. He was on board a public utility van heading for Davao City.
Task Force Davao commander, Col. Darren E. Comia, lauded the troops and the police for working hand-in-hand to keep Davao City safe.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid