TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested by the authorities after illegal drugs were allegedly confiscated from them while passing through the joint military-police checkpoints in the city.
Capt. John Dema-ala, the Task Force Davao spokesperson, identified one of them as Rufo Jay Edison G. Galabin, 20, single, a resident of Barangay Megcawayan, Calinan District.
He was onboard a blue MC Raider 150 with registration No. 1101-1025677 when apprehended at the Lacson checkpoint in Calinan District on Friday, Jan. 28.
Seized from his possession was a pack of suspected marijuana weighing around ten grams with an estimated street value of P5,000.
On Saturday, Jan. 29, Abdul Wahid Tagabunlang Tamay, 40, married, a resident of Limatoc St., Central (Poblacion) Mati, Davao Oriental, was arrested at the Lasang checkpoint in Bunawan District.
Seized from him were two sachets of shabu weighing 1.68 grams with an estimated street value of P26,880. He was on board a public utility van heading for Davao City.
Task Force Davao commander, Col. Darren E. Comia, lauded the troops and the police for working hand-in-hand to keep Davao City safe.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art