MAYOR Sara Duterte said Monday only a few of the residents of the city have gotten booster shots even as it has achieved about 95% of its target for full vaccination to achieve herd immunity.
The mayor said that of the 1.226 million residents who were fully vaccinated, only 154,267 were inoculated with booster shots.
The target of the city government is to fully vaccinate about 1.229 million, or 70% of the population, to achieve herd immunity.
As of Monday, about 1.28 million of the residents received their first doses, 63,934 were health care workers, 111,355 of them elderly.
Of those fully vaccinated, 58,705 were health care workers and 104,331 were senior citizens.
The city has also fully inoculated 3,091 children aged 12 to 17.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled