DAVAO de Oro Governor Jayvee Tyron L. Uy announced Tuesday that he tested positive for COVID-19 on January 18.
The governor, who turns 37 on May 8, said he has been on isolation and is set to go out of it after 10 days as he has experienced the symptoms.
“Medyo lain pa gihapon ang akong tingog. Pero wala nakoy ubo,” said the governor in a Facebook post of the Philippine Information Agency-Davao de Oro.
He said Dr. Antonio Ybiernas Jr., the provincial health officer, has advised him to isolate between seven and 10 days and that he is planning to maximize the isolation period.
He was the third among the five governors of Davao Region to have suffered from the infection after Governor Nelson Dayanghirang of Davao Oriental was hit in May and Douglas Cagas in June. Cagas eventually died from the infection.
In the city, all the three Duterte siblings were also infected with the youngest, Viice Mayor Sebastian Duterte in July, First District Rep. Paolo Duterte in September, and Mayor Sara Duterte the following month.
The three are children of President Rodrigo Duterte with his former wife, Elizabeth Zimmerman.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon