PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has named 10th Infantry Division commander, Maj. General Ernesto Torres Jr., as the new commanding general of Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom).
A copy of Duterte’s letter, dated Jan. 7, confirmed that Torres is the next Nolcom chief.
“I wish to inform you that, per your letter-endorsement and in accordance with the recommendation of the Chief of Staff, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and Chairman, AFP Board of Generals, pursuant to Republic Act No. 8186, as amended by Republic Act No. 9188, the designation of Major General Ernesto C. Torres Junior 0-10054 Philippine Army as Commander Northern Luzon Command vice Lt. Gen. Arnulfo Marcelo B. Burgos is hereby approved effective this date,” the letter read.
Torres replaced outgoing commander, Lt. Gen. Burgos.
Torres is a member of Philippine Military Academy “Makatao” class of 1989 and holds a Master’s Degree in Military Arts and Sciences from the US Army Command and General Staff College.
Previously, Torres held key positions such as Commander of Joint Task Force Haribon of Eastern Mindanao Command and Commander of Civil Relations Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). He also served as the Chief of Office of the Army Chief Public Affairs, and AFP Public Affairs Office.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy