PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has named 10th Infantry Division commander, Maj. General Ernesto Torres Jr., as the new commanding general of Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom).
A copy of Duterte’s letter, dated Jan. 7, confirmed that Torres is the next Nolcom chief.
“I wish to inform you that, per your letter-endorsement and in accordance with the recommendation of the Chief of Staff, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and Chairman, AFP Board of Generals, pursuant to Republic Act No. 8186, as amended by Republic Act No. 9188, the designation of Major General Ernesto C. Torres Junior 0-10054 Philippine Army as Commander Northern Luzon Command vice Lt. Gen. Arnulfo Marcelo B. Burgos is hereby approved effective this date,” the letter read.
Torres replaced outgoing commander, Lt. Gen. Burgos.
Torres is a member of Philippine Military Academy “Makatao” class of 1989 and holds a Master’s Degree in Military Arts and Sciences from the US Army Command and General Staff College.
Previously, Torres held key positions such as Commander of Joint Task Force Haribon of Eastern Mindanao Command and Commander of Civil Relations Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). He also served as the Chief of Office of the Army Chief Public Affairs, and AFP Public Affairs Office.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon