THE DAVAO City Vaccination Cluster has approved the rollout of booster shots through the Sangguniang Panlungsod-led mobile vaccination.
Harvey Laticse of the Vice Mayor’s Office said in an interview over the Davao City Disaster Radio on Thursday morning, however, that the rollout has no schedule yet.
“Natagaan na’g green light ang atong mobile vaccination na mo-accomodate ug booster shots para sa atong vaccinees, as of today wala pako’y info nga naa nay nag-schedule nga nagdawat but definitely gitugtan na sa vaccine cluster… so definitely in the coming days magsugod napud ta og dawat for booster shot sa atoang mobile vaccination (The mobile vaccination has been given green light to accommodate booster shots for our vaccinees [but] as of today, we still do not have information on the schedule but the vaccine cluster already gave its permission, so definitely in the coming days we will start our administering booster shots in our mobile vaccination)” Laticse said.
COVID-19 Task Force spokesperson, Dr. Michelle Schlosser, in a text message to the City Information Office on Thursday, said the booster shots will be available for the A1-A5 groups and those 18 years old and above.
Laticse added that the mobile vaccination for booster doses is open for walk-ins.
He added that this month, the majority of the vaccines administered under the mobile vaccination program are for the second dose of anti-COVID-19 vaccines.
As of January 5, a total of 106,238 Davoeños already received their first and second doses through the mobile vaccination program, and 73,373 of them are now fully vaccinated.
The Office of the Vice Mayor also continues its door-to-door vaccination campaign with a total of 288 persons receiving their first doses as of Jan. 4, 2022, with 196 of them receiving their full doses.
Laticse said that there is no announcement yet whether or not there will be door-to-door administration of boosters.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls