MORE THAN 80,000 Davaoeños donated their grocery packs from the city to the families affected by Typhoon Odette through the SafeDavao QR donate button.
In her weekly Special Hour on the Davao City Disaster Radio, Mayor Sara Duterte said that 80,434 city residents made the donations, while a total of 97,997 claimed their grocery packs from the respective distribution centers.
She also reminded those who wanted to donate or claim their grocery packs can do so until Jan. 31, 2022.
“Isa pa pud diay na i-remind nato sa atong kaigsoonang Dabawenyo ang pag-claim nila sa ilang DQR grocery packs or pag-donate nila sa ilahang DQR grocery packs. Duna silay choice to claim or to donate (We would also like to remind Davaoeños that they can stil donate or claim their DQR grocery packs. They have the choice to claim or to donate),” she said.
Donated grocery packs combined with the private sector donations already reached the Odette-affected areas namely: Talisay Cebu, Lapu Lapu-Cebu, Danao-Cebu, San Fransisco-Agusan Del Norta, Cabadbaran-Agusan Del Norte, Siargao, Dinagat Islands and Negros Occidental. Photos of the delivery of the donations are available on the City Government of Davao Facebook Page.
Duterte added that another batch of grocery pack donations is also set to be distributed to Surigao del Norte, Kalayaan group of Islands-Palawan, Kabankalan-Negros Occidental, Bais-Negros Oriental, Barangay Bangkal-Lapu Lapu City, Barangay Mactan-Lapu Lapu City, Maasin City -Leyte, and Soccoro Island-Surigao del Norte.
“Duna gihapon tay mga donations gikan sa DQR so magpadayon gihapon ang atoang pangpanghatag sa mga grocery packs nga gikan sa DQR didto sa mga areas. So, tuloy tuloy lang as long as na pa’y grocery packs (We are still accepting donations through the DQR so we will continue to distribute the grocery packs thru the DQR to the areas. We will continue to do so as long as there are grocery packs),” she added.
Besides the in-kind assistance, the city has already extended financial assistance amounting to P9.9 million to affected areas.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment