THE Philippine Army has deployed teams to help assist in reviving Internet connectivity in areas in the Visayas and Mindanao that were affected by typhoon Odette.
Colonel Xerxes Trinidad, Army spokesperson, said the different Army Signal Regiments like those from the 3rd Signal Battalion, 4th Signal Battalion, and 8th Signal Battalion have deployed their Humanitarian and Disaster Response (HADR) and Deployable Signal Teams to help other groups in ensuring that Internet connectivity in affected areas is revived.
The teams were dispatched to help install communication equipment and devices.
Among these teams was the one headed by Capt. Mohadzin L. Camendan of the 4th Signal Battalion which installed a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), and conducted connectivity assessment in Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Placer, Surigao Del Norte. The same team was also tasked to other necessary requirements to improve communication capabilities in the areas.
Other teams were deployed in Puerto Princesa, Palawan; Mactan, Cebu; and Maasin, Southern Leyte.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy