THE Philippine Army has deployed teams to help assist in reviving Internet connectivity in areas in the Visayas and Mindanao that were affected by typhoon Odette.
Colonel Xerxes Trinidad, Army spokesperson, said the different Army Signal Regiments like those from the 3rd Signal Battalion, 4th Signal Battalion, and 8th Signal Battalion have deployed their Humanitarian and Disaster Response (HADR) and Deployable Signal Teams to help other groups in ensuring that Internet connectivity in affected areas is revived.
The teams were dispatched to help install communication equipment and devices.
Among these teams was the one headed by Capt. Mohadzin L. Camendan of the 4th Signal Battalion which installed a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), and conducted connectivity assessment in Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Placer, Surigao Del Norte. The same team was also tasked to other necessary requirements to improve communication capabilities in the areas.
Other teams were deployed in Puerto Princesa, Palawan; Mactan, Cebu; and Maasin, Southern Leyte.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls