THE Philippine Army has deployed teams to help assist in reviving Internet connectivity in areas in the Visayas and Mindanao that were affected by typhoon Odette.
Colonel Xerxes Trinidad, Army spokesperson, said the different Army Signal Regiments like those from the 3rd Signal Battalion, 4th Signal Battalion, and 8th Signal Battalion have deployed their Humanitarian and Disaster Response (HADR) and Deployable Signal Teams to help other groups in ensuring that Internet connectivity in affected areas is revived.
The teams were dispatched to help install communication equipment and devices.
Among these teams was the one headed by Capt. Mohadzin L. Camendan of the 4th Signal Battalion which installed a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), and conducted connectivity assessment in Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Placer, Surigao Del Norte. The same team was also tasked to other necessary requirements to improve communication capabilities in the areas.
Other teams were deployed in Puerto Princesa, Palawan; Mactan, Cebu; and Maasin, Southern Leyte.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence