|MAYOR Sara Duterte wishes Davaoeños that Christmas be a celebration of peace, healing, and unity amid the challenges that Filipinos are facing this year.
“This Christmas, may you and your families be blessed with abundance, good health, peace of mind, and love. The year has been very difficult but it should not dampen our spirit as a people called to share and celebrate the love of Jesus with others,” the mayor said in her recorded Christmas message video posted on her official Facebook page on Wednesday evening, Dec. 22.
She also called on Filipino families celebrating Christmas to make it a special moment for them to remember the sick, the hungry, those in need, the victims of abuses, children on the streets, the homeless, and those away from their homes and families – soldiers, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), and health frontliners.
“Let us not forget the victims and survivors of Typhoon Odette who need our help and prayers as they face loss and despair. Together we can be their source of strength joy and hope,” said Mayor Sara who recently spearheaded Dabawenyos’ relief assistance to typhoon-stricken areas in Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Dinagat Islands, and Negros Occidental.
She also sent off the rescue and medical teams from City Health Office, Davao City Central 911’s Emergency Medical Sevices (EMS), Urban Search and Rescue (USAR), Fire Auxiliary Services (FAS), Southern Philippines Medical Center doctors, and social workers from City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) bound for the Municipality of Ubay, Bohol Province, for relief and rescue operations to Typhoon Odette victims there.
“And for our country, let Christmas also be a celebration of peace, healing, and unity,” said Mayor Duterte who wished everyone a Merry Christmas, also hoping that 2022 would be a more stable, merrier, and more peaceful year for everyone.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls