MORE THAN 2,000 personnel of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) were already deployed in the different areas in the city to provide security for the Christmas and New Year celebration.
DCPO Chief Col Kirby John Kraft, told TIMES that 2,347 personnel from the DCPO and 100 more from the Police Regional Office XI were deployed on Wednesday, Dec 8.
Kraft said the police officers were already briefed on do’s and don’ts, as well as the guidance and reminders, to ensure a peaceful yuletide holiday.
But he reminded the public that since the country is still gripped with COVID, they should continue to wear face masks, observe social distancing, and clean their hands with soap or alcohol.
He said personnel from Task Force Davao, Coast Guard, Maritime Police, Bureau of Fire and Protection, Public Safety and Security Command Center, Civil Security Unit, and City Transport and Traffic management office were also deployed.
Kraft spearheaded the activity attended by Col. Edgar Allan Okubo, PRO XI deputy regional director for administration, PSSCC chief Angel Sumagaysay, a representative from the Task Force Davao, DCPO Staff Officers, other officers present, media, and personnel from the different agencies encompassing Davao City Security Cluster.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls