FOURTEEN members of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the 10th Infantry Division in Talaingod, Davao del Norte, and Davao Occidental from Dec. 5-8.
Capt. Mark Anthony Tito, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office (DPAO) chief, said they facilitated the surrender of 11 fighters, as well as the arrest of three supply and medical officers of the NPA in Talaingod, Davao Del Norte, and the recovery of four high-powered firearms.
On Dec. 7, the 73rd Infantry Battalion has facilitated the surrender of Far South Mindanao Region members from the revelation of alias Che-Che, Borjack, and Nilo at Sitio Kibayo, Barangay Sugai, Jose Abad Santos in Davao Occidental.
The surrenderees are:
- Alias Carding/Arman, 45, resident of So Tamuan, Barangay Barrio bukid, Jose Abad Santos, Davao Occidental.
- Alias Rockey, 25, resident of Sitio Liburon, Brgy Manuel Peralta, Malita.
- Alias Tban, 37, resident of Sitio Balantako, Brgy Kalbay, JAS.
- Alias Goliau Black, 40, resident of Sitio Mainit, Brgy Caburan.
- Alias Cvariel, 20, resident of Barangay Mangga, Matanao, Davao del Sur.
- Alias Tamsi, 28, resident of Barangay Mangga, Matanao.
- Alias Boyka/ Baking, 27, resident of Sitio Malinawon, Brgy Barrio Bukid.
- Alias Happy, 18, resident of Barangay Congan, Glan, Sarangani.
The military said they were all members of Far South Mindanao Region. They also confiscated two M16A1 rifles and an M653 rifle.
Meanwhile, an M60 machine gun was also recovered by the 73IB in a separate operation, together with the Malapatan Municipal Police Station and 1st Sarangani Provincial Mobile Company of the Philippine National Police at Barangay Tuyan, Malapatan, Sarangani Province last Dec. 5.
The troops also accommodated the surrender of the 20-year-old fighter from the Guerilla Front Musa under FSMR in Barangay Sugal, Jose Abad Santos, Davao Occidental. A .45 caliber pistol, two cellular phones, and commercial radio were also surrendered to the troops by the rebel.
Also, four improvised explosive devices weighing 12 kilos each were recovered by the troops of the 72nd Infantry Battalion following an operation in Sitio Upper Banban, Barangay Miaray, Dangcagan, Bukidnon last Dec. 7, 2021.
In addition, two former rebels in the 27th Infantry Battalion area of operation were assisted in their surrender on Dec. 8, 2021, both in Talaingod, Davao Del Norte.
The Bravo Company of the 27IB has aided the surrender of alias Dampan, a former Militia ng Bayan and courier of the Sub-Regional Guerilla Unit (SRGU), in Sitio Nasilaban, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod, Davao Del Norte with his one M1 Garand with ammunition.
On the same day, the Charlie Company of the 27IB, facilitated the surrender of alias Pawan under Iskwad Primera of SRGU, SRC5 in Sitio Old Laslasakan, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod, Davao Del Norte.
Furthermore, troops of the 89th Infantry Battalion encountered more or less six rebels under Ka Mandy of SRC5 at Sitio Pusod, Barangay Cayaga, San Fernando, Bukidnon last Dec. 7 at 10:25 p.m.
The firefight resulted in the capture of:
- Alias Beauty, Platun Medic, Basil Platun, SRGU, SRC5, SMRC and a resident from So Sambulungan, Talaingod, DDN;
- Alias EBA, Supply Officer, Squad Primera, Basil Platun, SRGU, SRC5, SMRC and a resident from Laslasakan, Talaingod, DDN;
- Alias AILYN, Medic, Squad Primera, Basil Platun, SRGU, SRC5, SMRC and a resident from So Peroy, Talaingod, DDN.
The said rebels were tasked to pick up the supply of SRC5 but were overrun by the troops at the drop-off site.
Maj. Gen Ernesto C. Torres Jr., 10th Infantry Division commander, vows to continue the intensive military operations to eliminate the remnants of the NPA that continued to disrupt the peace and development in their area of responsibility.
“Our troops will aggressively pursue peace spoilers to make way for more insurgency-free communities. We urge our fellow Filipino brothers and sisters who are still in the CTG to lay down their arms….and may this yuletide season become the start of lasting peace in our region,” he said.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled