THE DAVAO Police Regional Office further intensified its security measures for the yuletide season.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the PRO XI spokesperson, said during the AFP-PNP virtual presser yesterday that they have not removed the checkpoint border control areas even though the city is already on alert level 2.
“Aside for Christmas season, we also preparing for the election period,” Gultiano said.
“We have already personnel deployed and our border control points or checkpoints still in place to ensure that the region is secure against possible threats of terrorism,” she added.
Police officers have already been deployed to conduct patrols, especially in crowded areas.
For the Simbang Gabi, she said the regional police office will also send additional manpower to secure the churches.
“I request po talaga nang augmentation during celebration sa Christmas but it depends on the needs of the city if they need additional personnel,” she further said.
Moreover, the civil security group also released an advisory regarding the application for display of fireworks permit.q for instance, they need to secure clearance from the Inter Agency Task Force COVID-19 and respective local government units.
“Because if there is no clearance from IATF, the application for special permit for the fireworks display will not be approved,”the police official said.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?