THE DAVAO Police Regional Office further intensified its security measures for the yuletide season.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the PRO XI spokesperson, said during the AFP-PNP virtual presser yesterday that they have not removed the checkpoint border control areas even though the city is already on alert level 2.
“Aside for Christmas season, we also preparing for the election period,” Gultiano said.
“We have already personnel deployed and our border control points or checkpoints still in place to ensure that the region is secure against possible threats of terrorism,” she added.
Police officers have already been deployed to conduct patrols, especially in crowded areas.
For the Simbang Gabi, she said the regional police office will also send additional manpower to secure the churches.
“I request po talaga nang augmentation during celebration sa Christmas but it depends on the needs of the city if they need additional personnel,” she further said.
Moreover, the civil security group also released an advisory regarding the application for display of fireworks permit.q for instance, they need to secure clearance from the Inter Agency Task Force COVID-19 and respective local government units.
“Because if there is no clearance from IATF, the application for special permit for the fireworks display will not be approved,”the police official said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months