The soulful R&B jam is officially available on DSPs worldwide after its Soundcloud tease a few months ago
Top Dawg Entertainment’s multi-platinum selling, chart-topping and award-winning recording artist SZA has officially dropped her new single “I Hate U.”
The track is produced by Rob Bisel, Carter Lang, thankgod4cody, and Dylan Patrice. With her soulful vocals enveloping a minimalist sonic backdrop and laid-back synths, SZA reflects on a rocky romantic relationship that seemed to have taken a toll on her emotional health.
Upon its release, the mesmerizing urban track received positive response from various music critics all around the world, with Brooklyn Vegan calling an “airy R&B” in “fine form.” It also marked an impressive performance on its first day as it debuted at No. 1 on both Spotify US and Apple Music US charts despite the surge of holiday-inspired tracks, and is predicted to place high on the Billboard Hot 100 charts next week.
Here in the Philippines, “I Hate U” is slowly gaining a foothold on the upper tier of streaming charts. The track is currently at No. 16 on Spotify Philippines top 50, and is steadily climbing on a daily basis.
“I Hate U” comes nearly a year after SZA released “Good Days” on Christmas 2020. Grammy-nominated for Best R&B song, “Good Days” quickly became SZA’s greatest gainer solo single release, peaking at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and marking her first time in the chart’s top ten as the main artist.
SZA’s latest single “I Hate U” is out now on all digital music platforms worldwide via TDE/RCA Records/Sony Music.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?