THE DAVAO Light and Power Co., Inc., (Davao Light) together with its social development arm, Aboitiz Foundation Inc., partners with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) XI to refurbish the Electrical Installation and Maintenance (EIM) workshop facility at the TESDA Provincial Training Center in Mintal, Davao City.
The partnership is to further enhance TESDA’s skills program for the EIM course by providing a facility that is equipped with the needed tools and equipment, as well as a venue for conducive learning ensuring quality graduate electricians who are nationally certified. With the right skills and training, doors of livelihood opportunities will be opened to these certified electricians.
On Nov. 25, 2021, the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was done to formalize the partnership between Davao Light and TESDA XI signed by Secretary Isidro S. Lapeña, Director General of TESDA and Rodger S. Velasco, President and COO of Davao Light. The signing was witnessed by both TESDA and Davao Light officers.
In an interview, Sec. Lapeña highlighted the importance of the partnership where resources from each organization are pooled together to benefit many Filipinos. He said that this is where collaboration comes in. “Ang aming napagkasunduan in this agreement is… Davao Light will provide a certain amount to support ‘yong training… In addition to that will be the scholarship ng TESDA to be used for the purpose… we use our scholarship para ma-multiply ‘yong number ng mga kababayan natin na makapag-train.”
Davao Light and Aboitiz Foundation have been active partners of TESDA XI over the years in various skills development projects namely, the Basic Electrical Lineman’s Training Center of Mindanao (Project BELT.CoM) which is a provision of the training facilities, tools and equipment for the lineman’s training program; the Basic Electrician Skills Training (Project B.E.S.T.) which is a community-based training program on EIM; and the refurbishment of electrical laboratory workshop project.
Velasco said, “This project will further strengthen Davao Light’s partnership with TESDA who have started working together in various projects since 2013, and this gives a strong message that public-private partnership works.”
Davao Light continues to heed the Aboitiz Group’s purpose of driving change for a better world by Advancing Business and Communities – the Group’s ABC. PR
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months