THE Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) and other members of the security clusters will hold another security simulation exercise on Saturday at the SM Lanang Premier.
Angel Sumagaysay, PSSCC head, said the event is aimed at strengthening the culture of security concept in the city by addressing key security aspects.
Sumagaysay said the activity will, among others, identify key areas that need to be improved to ensure that the people are safe from security threats.
“This is all about our integrated (security and safety) response on terrorism plan. We are expecting that all units will participate during the SIMEX,” Sumagaysay said, adding that it will also put to test the readiness of security units in addressing threats.
The exercise will focus on how to address the planting of explosives inside a place where people congregate and that it is timely considering that it is within the Yuletide season, he explained.
Allaying fears of the public, Sumagaysay said the security establishment has not monitored any threat but there is a need to ensure that every base is covered.
He called on the public not to panic during the event as this is just part of education both the people and the security forces.
“This is just a simulation exercise and hopefully they (public) would understand if there are inconveniences sa traffic,” he added.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, Task Force Davao spokesperson, said the unit has prepared for the drill as it is also part of the effort to raise awareness of the people.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months