THE Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) and other members of the security clusters will hold another security simulation exercise on Saturday at the SM Lanang Premier.
Angel Sumagaysay, PSSCC head, said the event is aimed at strengthening the culture of security concept in the city by addressing key security aspects.
Sumagaysay said the activity will, among others, identify key areas that need to be improved to ensure that the people are safe from security threats.
“This is all about our integrated (security and safety) response on terrorism plan. We are expecting that all units will participate during the SIMEX,” Sumagaysay said, adding that it will also put to test the readiness of security units in addressing threats.
The exercise will focus on how to address the planting of explosives inside a place where people congregate and that it is timely considering that it is within the Yuletide season, he explained.
Allaying fears of the public, Sumagaysay said the security establishment has not monitored any threat but there is a need to ensure that every base is covered.
He called on the public not to panic during the event as this is just part of education both the people and the security forces.
“This is just a simulation exercise and hopefully they (public) would understand if there are inconveniences sa traffic,” he added.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, Task Force Davao spokesperson, said the unit has prepared for the drill as it is also part of the effort to raise awareness of the people.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy