MAYOR Sara Duterte announced on Monday that there will be no Christmas Day gift-giving activity at the ancestral home of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte to prevent the gathering of people.
“No December 25 activity in Taal house to avoid mass gathering and we don’t want to be the reason for the mass gathering,” Duterte said over the Davao City Disaster Radio.
Mass gathering is considered as a major cause of the spread of the COVID-19 as the first cases in the city were traced to a derby last year during the celebration of the Araw ng Dabaw.
The gift-giving activity at the ancestral home of the President at the Taal Road in the Central Park Subdivision was also cancelled last year due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.
To inform the public about the cancellation of the activity, the mayor said city government personnel will post tarpaulin.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months