THE city government has urged mall operators that are set to reopen their cinemas to follow all the protocols to prevent these establishments from causing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Dr. Dr. Michelle Schlosser, COVID-19 Task Force spokesperson, said mall can resume operations because the city is under Alert Level 2.
The classification, however, is only until Tuesday unless extended by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
“Under Alert Level 2, pwede na gyud ang cinemas (cinemas are allowed). They are allowed to operate as long as they will follow the minimum public health standard (MPHS) and other necessary protocols,” Schlosser said last week.
Under Alert Level 2, some establishments like cinemas can resume operations provided that they limit their capacity to 50% for indoor activities with fully vaccinated individuals and those who are below 18. Employees of these establishments must also be fully vaccinated.
“They have to observe 50 percent capacity sa venue and they have to follow the minimum health standard pero naa pod tay guideline sa DTI (but there is also a guideline from DTI). We also have to follow the guidelines of DTI,” Schlosser said.
Schlosser said that even under Alert Level 3, cinemas and other similar establishments are also allowed to operate provided their capacity cannot go beyond 30%.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months