INVESTIGATORS have filed a murder case against the suspect in killing a member of the media in Bansalan, Davao del Sur on October 30.
In a report released by Monday. Lt. Col. Alan Verginiza, Davao del Sur police chief, said witnesses identified Brandie Mercado Campaner, who has remained at large, as the one who shot Orlando B. Dinoy dead inside the apartment that the victim was renting .
The case was filed with the Office of the Provincial Prosecutor with Assistant Provincial Prosecutor Jezreel M. Babatid as the administering prosecutor.
Undersecretary Joel Egco, executive director of the Presidential Task Force on Media Security, said in a statement that the witnesses in the killing of Dinoy will be secured under the Witness Protection Program.
Egco added that based on the investigation, of the three motives being looked into, personal grudge was the strongest in the killing of Dinoy who worked for Newsline Philippines at the time of his death.
As he recognized the effort of the law enforcers, Egco said while the killing was not related to Dinoy’s work, his office “will continue to monitor and work double time to catch his killers and whoever maybe behind them. There is no justification for murder.”
The killing prompted the REgional Police Office to form a body to investigate it.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed