MAYOR Sara Duterte expressed her optimism on Monday that the city will have a merrier Christmas celebration compared with last year.
In her weekly radio program over the Davao City Disaster Radio, Duterte said this is because the continuing downtrend in the COVID-19 cases.
“I think it is very safe to say that we will have a Merry Christmas,” said Duterte as the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases placed the city under Alert Level 2.
However, the mayor reminded the residents and the visitors to follow the protocols, like the minimum health standards to ensure that the spread of the virus is contained.
One big factor in the reduction of the daily number of cases, the mayor said, is the vaccination program.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead