MAYOR Sara Duterte expressed her optimism on Monday that the city will have a merrier Christmas celebration compared with last year.
In her weekly radio program over the Davao City Disaster Radio, Duterte said this is because the continuing downtrend in the COVID-19 cases.
“I think it is very safe to say that we will have a Merry Christmas,” said Duterte as the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases placed the city under Alert Level 2.
However, the mayor reminded the residents and the visitors to follow the protocols, like the minimum health standards to ensure that the spread of the virus is contained.
One big factor in the reduction of the daily number of cases, the mayor said, is the vaccination program.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1