LAW enforcers arrested two Pharmally executives at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport Sunday evening in relation to its investigation.
Major Roosevelt Alian, airport police chief, told TIMES that the team arrested Mohit and Twinkle Dargani upon their arrival at the airport as they were on their way to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
As their plane, a Learjet 60, was preparing to leave the airport, a team from the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms and local police units collared the Darganis based on the arrested order issued by the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee signed Senator Richard Gordon, chair of the committee, and Senate President Vicente Sotto III for contempt of court.
The two were among those whose testimonies are being sought in relation to the SEnate investigation on the 2020 Commission on Audit report in relation to the Department of Health budget in the fight against COVID-19.
They have been placed under the Senate custody.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead