MORE THAN two million worth of illegal drugs were seized by authorities from a driver during a buy-bust operation conducted in Purok 1-A, Bunawan District at 4:48 pm on Oct. 30.
Maj. Milan Naz, the Sasa police chief, identified him as Jefferson Palomar Lao, 37, married, driver, and a resident of Hacienda Heights, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
According to the report, he received P49,000 money and handed over a big sachet of shabu to the undercover policeman.
Another two big sachets containing shabu, a blue sling bag, an orange Nokia keypad phone, and a silver Nissan Almera.
The confiscated drug items weighed more or less 130 grams with a street value amounting to P2,080,000.
The suspect, together with the confiscated items, is in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station, and a violation of RA 9165 is being prepared for filing at the City Prosecutor’s Office.
This was the biggest haul from a buy-bust since the P1.2 million worth of shabu seized in an operation in Talomo on Sept. 17.
The operation led to the arrest of Rizalde Hernane, 25, who yielded 22 sachets of shabu, P9,000 in cash, and his motorcycle.
Hernane ranked 5th among the top drug personalities in the region. He was placed under surveillance for three weeks prior to his arrest.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?