DAVAO CITY (MindaNews) – A reporter of Newsline Philippines was killed inside his boarding house in Bansalan, Davao del Sur at around 6 p.m. on Saturday.
“It is with deep sorrow that we confirm the death of our reporter Orlando “Dondon” Dinoy in Bansalan, Davao del Sur early tonight,” Editha Caduaya, Newsline Philippines publisher announced via social media. Dinoy died from several gunshot wounds.
She said the Philippine National Police municipal chief, Major Peter Glen Ipoing, confirmed the sad news to us.”
Dinoy sustained several gunshot wounds.
“We condemn the death of Dondon as we appeal to the authorities for a speedy investigation and determine the motive behind his death as we cry for justice!” Caduaya added.
“We are on it … Will get to the bottom of it. Hindi man cya hard hitting or may kaaway, aalamin natin puno’t dulo” (He may not be hard hitting or he may have enemies, we will find the root cause),” Undersecretary Joel Sy Egco, Executive Director of the Presidential Task Force on Media Security (PTFoMS) said in response to Caduaya’s plea. (MindaNews)
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed