A 44-YEAR-OLD alleged drug courier was arrested after more than P50,000 worth of shabu was seized from him while passing through the Lasang checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Oct. 25.
Authorities identified the suspect as Louie V. Marcos, a resident of Barangay Alcomanan, Tupi, South Cotabato.
According to the report, the suspect was supposed to enter Davao City on his Hyundai H100 bearing the plate number DAI 7211 when detained by Task Force Davao and Davao City Police Office for further inspection.
A sachet of suspected shabu weighing around 3.47 grams with an estimated street value of P55,520 was confiscated from the suspect, who was immediately turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
Col. Darren E. Comia, the Task Force Davao commander, commended the troops manning the checkpoints for doing their best to filter illegal elements entering Davao City.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat