TWO MEMBERS of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the soldiers of the 29th Infantry Battalion (29IB) in Cabadbaran City, Agusan del Norte, on Oct. 21.
According to Lt. Col. Jason M. Saldua, commanding officer of the 29IB, the guerilla fighters who surrendered belonged to the Guerilla Front (GF) 16 of North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (NEMRC).
They turned over two AK-47, two bandoliers, and seven magazines loaded with ammunition.
Army Chief Lt. Gen. Andres C. Centino commended the efforts of the 29th Infantry Battalion that led to the surrender of communist rebels in their area of operation.
“To 29IB troops, sustain your momentum against the CNTs (communist NPA terrorists) and continue to protect our people from harm. Your efforts are becoming visible, even to the rebels, and we will soon welcome more people who choose to pursue true peace,” Centino said.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed