THE Department of Social Welfare and Development Field Office XI on Wednesday distributed about P1.72 million in livelihood grants to 86 former rebels.
Major Jershome Butt, acting Civil-Military Operations officer of 89th Infantry Battalion, said former rebels were from San Fernando and Kitaotao in Bukidnon.
Butt said each of them received P20,000 capital for their proposed livelihood project.
Lieutenant Colonel Donald Gaffud, battalion commander, thanked the rebels for surrendering as he called their colleagues to return to the folds of the law for them to avail of help from the government.
The rebels were enrolled in the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program so they could avail of the financial assistance.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus