THE Department of Social Welfare and Development Field Office XI on Wednesday distributed about P1.72 million in livelihood grants to 86 former rebels.
Major Jershome Butt, acting Civil-Military Operations officer of 89th Infantry Battalion, said former rebels were from San Fernando and Kitaotao in Bukidnon.
Butt said each of them received P20,000 capital for their proposed livelihood project.
Lieutenant Colonel Donald Gaffud, battalion commander, thanked the rebels for surrendering as he called their colleagues to return to the folds of the law for them to avail of help from the government.
The rebels were enrolled in the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program so they could avail of the financial assistance.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat