PSC’s Engr. Eduardo Clariza and Arch. Noel Elnar have already conducted initial inspection at the MSU Marawi campus this week, and assessed the status of the swimming pool, which played host to several National UAAP competitions in the early 80’s, as well as other regional meets.
“The plan is to rehabilitate the facility to meet international standards for competition. A covered pool is being designed in consideration of the environment and cultural sensitivity of Islamic practices,” said Clariza.
The agency’s technical staff also inspected the newly rubberized MSU Track Oval, which was also refurbished with PSC support.
MSU President Dr. Habib Macaayong expressed thanks and appreciation for the all-out support of the PSC and the national Government to MSU and the people of Lanao, during the courtesy visit of the PSC experts to his office.
“We are forever grateful for this assistance from the PSC. MSU expresses full support of to the sports development programs of the Philippine Sports Commission,” said Macaayong.
The PSC is looking forward to the completion of the rehabilitation of both sports facilities this year, and its designation as a “Center for Sports for Peace and Development” in Mindanao.
PSC Consultant and MSU Prof. Henry Daut, together with University Engineer Engr. Presciosa Dimaporo assisted the PSC team during their visit.
Last September 30, the MSU Marawi Campus conferred Doctor of Humanities Honoris Causa to PSC Chairman William Ramirez for his contribution to the Mindanao Sports for Peace movement, during the university’s celebration of its 60th founding anniversary.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1