THE city government will require visitors from other countries to submit negative COVID-19 test results taken 72 hours before leaving their countries of origin.
This is because, explained City Tourism Operations Office Chief Regina Rosa Tecson, the city government has an ordinance that requires those entering the city from other countries to submit test results 72 hours before leaving their origin.
The statement came about after the city government confirmed the schedule of the chartered flight of Singapore Airlines which will service the route between the city and Singapore from October 31 until March 2022.
Based on the classification of the Inter-agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, Singapore belongs to the yellow list because it is considered as a country with moderate risk in relation to the COVID-19.
Based on the regulations of the country, those visitors from Singapore need to undergo a 10-day quarantine if they are fully vaccinated, and must pre-booked the places they are staying for six days. However, pre-booking for visiting Filipinos who are vaccinated will be for five days.
Those who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated need to be quarantined for the regular 14 days and must pre-booked a quarantine facility for eight days. If they are Filipinos, the pre-booking is only for a week.
Tecson said both the city government and tour operators have started finalizing the plans for the arrival of visitors as the airline has secured clearances for the service which it called as Northern Winter Flight.
Earlier, the city government spearheaded the vaccination rollout for the tourism industry and other allied sectors.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC