THE city government will require visitors from other countries to submit negative COVID-19 test results taken 72 hours before leaving their countries of origin.
This is because, explained City Tourism Operations Office Chief Regina Rosa Tecson, the city government has an ordinance that requires those entering the city from other countries to submit test results 72 hours before leaving their origin.
The statement came about after the city government confirmed the schedule of the chartered flight of Singapore Airlines which will service the route between the city and Singapore from October 31 until March 2022.
Based on the classification of the Inter-agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, Singapore belongs to the yellow list because it is considered as a country with moderate risk in relation to the COVID-19.
Based on the regulations of the country, those visitors from Singapore need to undergo a 10-day quarantine if they are fully vaccinated, and must pre-booked the places they are staying for six days. However, pre-booking for visiting Filipinos who are vaccinated will be for five days.
Those who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated need to be quarantined for the regular 14 days and must pre-booked a quarantine facility for eight days. If they are Filipinos, the pre-booking is only for a week.
Tecson said both the city government and tour operators have started finalizing the plans for the arrival of visitors as the airline has secured clearances for the service which it called as Northern Winter Flight.
Earlier, the city government spearheaded the vaccination rollout for the tourism industry and other allied sectors.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat