THE DAVAO City Water District advises customers of a water service interruption on Friday, October 15, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in some areas served by Dumoy Water Supply System (WSS).
Affected are Vista Verde I and II and Davao Empress Subd. in Panacan and Davao Development Foundation Subd. in Mandug.
Water supply has to be temporarily shut off in the affected areas to give way to the tapping of a boundary valve and interconnection of the District Metered Area (DMA) inlet pipeline to DCWD’s existing pipeline for the Dumoy WSS DMA Project. This project is among DCWD’s strategies to reduce non-revenue water or water loss.
On behalf of the DCWD management, general manager Edwin V. Regalado asks for the understanding and cooperation of would-be affected customers and advises them to store enough water prior to the schedule. Water supply may be restored earlier if work goes smoothly or later if unforeseen problems arise.
DCWD conducts flushing after service works are completed. However, once water is restored, customers are advised to open all faucets and allow water to run for at least two minutes. Do not drink tap water immediately but if needed, boil water beforehand as safety precaution.
The general public may visit DCWD’s website (www.davao-water.gov.ph) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/officialDCWD) and dial telephone voicemail 235-3293 for the latest water service updates. For queries, customers may also call DCWD’s 24-hour Water Patrol Emergency Hotlines 244-6767, 0927-798-8966, 0925-511-3293, and 0908-441-0653 or send a message to the 24/7 chat support in the DCWD website and FB Page. (DCWD/Christine Grace P. Casimiro)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon