DAVAO DEL SUR – With the aim of promoting the safety and quality of food products as well as to help small food processors earn the trust of consumers, the Department of Science and Technology Region XI (DOST XI), through its Provincial Science and Technology Center in Davao Del Sur (PSTC DS) and in collaboration with the Provincial Governor’s Office-Public Employment Service Office (PGO-PESO), conducted a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) Awareness Seminar for Sta. Cruz Seaweed Processors at Lawis Bato, Sta. Cruz Davao del Sur last September 29, 2021.
Experts from the Davao Food and Safety Team – Ms. Eva Jean Villaceran, RSI and Engr. Harleen Moya U. Jao, trained a total of 36 seaweed processors on topics such as the importance and principles of GMP in all facilities, how to lessen waste in their production, and many more.
“This training is highly relevant especially that seaweeds processing is a major source of livelihood among families here in Lawis Bato, Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur. By orienting the seaweed processors on the basics of GMP, we hope to improve the quality and marketability of our products, thereby leading to improve income for the community” PGO- PESO head, Mr. Rolly Impas.
This said initiative is part of the DOST XI Community Empowerment through Science and Technology Program in Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur under the health and nutrition entry point.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success