THE Davao Occidental-Cocolife Tigers bared its line-up for the upcoming Filipino Basketball League or Filbasket inaugural tournament at the Splendido Taal Country Club this year.
The reigning MPBL (Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League) champs will parade its new-look roster in the bubble set-up tournament along with 10 teams.
The Tigers will have Keith Agovida, Alwin Alday, Marco Paulo Balagtas, Emmanuel Calo, Bobby Celiz, Bonifacio Custodio, Gabriel Dagangon, Jerwon Gaco, Paulo Hubalde, Chris Lalata, Irven Palencia, Billy Ray Robles, Allan Santos, Joseph Terso and John Wilson with new headcoach Jose Matthew Makalintal.
The tournament founded by two-time UAAP champion Jai Reyes of the MPBL’s Nueva Ecija Rice Vangaurds will follow the ten-team single round robin elimination round with the top four teams qualifying for the semifinals.
Winners in the semifinal round will battle for the championship.
“We have managed to secure regional consent for the Bubble because safety is our priority. Filbasket is in the process of obtaining national approval from the Government. Let’s bring the basketball community together with this league. We have modeled Filbasket to successful foreign leagues such as the Euroleague, B. League and NBA. We will make an effort para reachable kami (games) sa lahat ng ways na pinapanood ang basketball.” Reyes said.
Other teams seeing action are 7A-Primus, Burlington-EOG Sports, FSD-Makati Army, Medical Depot, MTrans Buracai De Laiya Batangas City, AICC Basketball Team and Nueva Ecija Bespren
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success