THE Davao Occidental-Cocolife Tigers bared its line-up for the upcoming Filipino Basketball League or Filbasket inaugural tournament at the Splendido Taal Country Club this year.
The reigning MPBL (Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League) champs will parade its new-look roster in the bubble set-up tournament along with 10 teams.
The Tigers will have Keith Agovida, Alwin Alday, Marco Paulo Balagtas, Emmanuel Calo, Bobby Celiz, Bonifacio Custodio, Gabriel Dagangon, Jerwon Gaco, Paulo Hubalde, Chris Lalata, Irven Palencia, Billy Ray Robles, Allan Santos, Joseph Terso and John Wilson with new headcoach Jose Matthew Makalintal.
The tournament founded by two-time UAAP champion Jai Reyes of the MPBL’s Nueva Ecija Rice Vangaurds will follow the ten-team single round robin elimination round with the top four teams qualifying for the semifinals.
Winners in the semifinal round will battle for the championship.
“We have managed to secure regional consent for the Bubble because safety is our priority. Filbasket is in the process of obtaining national approval from the Government. Let’s bring the basketball community together with this league. We have modeled Filbasket to successful foreign leagues such as the Euroleague, B. League and NBA. We will make an effort para reachable kami (games) sa lahat ng ways na pinapanood ang basketball.” Reyes said.
Other teams seeing action are 7A-Primus, Burlington-EOG Sports, FSD-Makati Army, Medical Depot, MTrans Buracai De Laiya Batangas City, AICC Basketball Team and Nueva Ecija Bespren
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months