THE CITY government has resumed the free reverse transcription PCR (RT-PCR) swab test for the second-generation (F2) and third-generation (F3) contacts of a COVID-19 positive.
The RT-PCR test for the F2 and F3 close contacts of the COVID-19 was suspended in August after the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) machine extraction machine bogged down, as well as the limited testing kits.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, City COVID-19 Task Force spokesperson, said during the Bida Bakunado program over the Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday that the Magsaysay swab testing center has started testing F2 and F3 categories on Oct. 5, 2021.
“Gibalik ang swabbing sa Magsaysay for F2 and F3, this week Tuesday. So ang maximum capacity daily sa Magsaysay is 150-250 per day (We have resumed the swabbing in Magsaysay for F2 and F3, starting this Tuesday this week. So the maximum daily capacity is 150-250 persons per day),” Schlosser said.
She added that while the city is still waiting for the SPMC laboratory repair, the city government is maximizing its Los Amigos molecular laboratory and Francisco Bangoy International Airport molecular laboratory to conduct and process more tests.
Schlosser, however, pointed out that even there was a temporary suspension of swab testing for the second, third generation contacts, the contact tracing for the said individuals did not stop.
“We continued to inform them to conduct self-monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms,” Schlosser said, adding that those who exhibit symptoms or influenza-like illnesses are immediately recommended for swabbing.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success