Davao Light and Power Co., Inc. (Davao Light) hits around 95% of its total target of 3,868 sitios to be energized within its franchise area covering Davao City, Panabo City, and the Municipalities of Carmen, Dujali and Sto. Tomas under Sitio Electrification Program (SEP).
As of September this year, 113 more sitios were newly energized, and 14 are ongoing and hopefully will be completed by the end of the year.
According to Rodger S. Velasco, president and COO of Davao Light, the company strives to complete the program by 2023.
“As directed by the Department of Energy (DOE), we (Davao Light) envision having the remaining unenergized areas to be completed by 2023. We’ve been working hard since late 2020 since operations were halted due to the pandemic,” he said.
Electrification is among the government’s priorities as it is geared towards economic growth. It aims to increase and accelerate access to electricity services in the country’s remote and far-flung unelectrified communities which provides opportunities of improved quality of life.
Through SEP and other electrification projects, Davao Light has been committed to its promise of advancing business and communities to further support city and economic progress.
“We continuously find ways for our business and the community that we serve to grow together and SEP creates great development opportunities for the far flung communities to have brighter days ahead. As more sitios are energized, more households and businesses will have access to electricity which is a factor to start and grow a business,” Velasco added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success