After gaining prominent attention as part of a soulful pop duo with her with sister Halle, alt-R&B sensation Chlöe proves that she’s ready to shine on her own with the release of her new single “Have Mercy.”
The sultry showstopper marks the 5x Grammy-nominated producer and singer-songwriter’s debut effort as a solo star. With its slinky, minimal textures and confident vocals, “Have Mercy” has received exemplary praises across the board upon its release.
NPR called Chlöe a “pristine-voiced, technically brilliant ingenue” and commended her latest jam for its themes of women empowerment and “unabashed booty positivity.” Renowned hip-hop publication Complex praised the track for its “saucy” and “uptempo” vibe, citing how it “boasts major sex appeal.” Teen Vogue also sung adoration for Chlöe’s new song, describing it as “sensual” and “feel good.”
Produced by Murda Beatz, Chlöe, Joseph L’étranger, FnZ, and BoogzDaBeast, the acclaimed urban single debuted at No. 28 on US Billboard Hot 100, and is currently taking over R&B/hip-hop and pop radio all over the world. Its music video, which was helmed by Karena Evans, channels the charisma of Chlöe and her captivating choreography.
Last month, Chlöe flaunted a breakthrough performance at the 2021 MTV VMAs where she floored the audience with top-notch vocals and headliner energy, singing “Have Mercy” while delivering her dance moves like a pro. Glamour compared her performance to the theatrics of Britney and Beyonce, calling it a “serve of the highest degree.”
“Have Mercy” is out now on all digital music platforms worldwide via Parkwood/Columbia/Sony Music. Watch the music video here.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success