ALL cemeteries in the city will be closed starting October 24 until November 7 as the Christian world observes the All Souls’ Day and All Saints’ Day on the first two days of November.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, City Police Office director, said the order is necessary to prevent people from gathering at the cemeteries as the city government tries to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Kraft said the order complies with the order Mayor Sara Duterte to avoid mass gatherings to prevent the spread of the virus.
He added the order will be imposed on all of the 30 cemeteries in the city.
Last year, the mayor issued Executive Order 52 to order the closure of cemeteries and columbariums from October 29 until November 4. Under the order, the mayor spelled out the rules for burial and wakes.
The early announcement of the order would give residents enough time to plan their visits to the graves of their loved ones.
Under the order, those exempted are those who will bury family members and those celebrating special dates for their loved ones. But those people allowed to visit the graves of their relatives are banned from consuming liquor inside these places.
If the dead is a family members, the vulnerable sector like children below 21 and senior citizens above 60 can visit the places, but they cannot do so if they do not have any blood relations with the dead.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon