MANILA – Oil companies will implement a big-time price increase on Tuesday.
In separate advisories, Caltex, Cleanfuel, Petro Gazz, PTT Philippines, Seaoil, and Shell will raise gasoline prices by PHP1.45 per liter and diesel products by PHP2.05 per liter.
Caltex, Seaoil, and Shell will also hike kerosene prices by PHP2.05 per liter.
Other industry players are expected to follow suit.
Adjustments in local oil prices reflected the movements in the world oil market.
Last week, oil prices traded above USD80 — the first time in three years.
Market analysts expected that oil prices will continue to increase amid the growing demand and tighter supply of the commodity.
According to the Department of Energy’s bulletin, Dubai crude rose by USD1 per barrel week-on-week during September 20 and 24 trading.
Mean of Platts Singapore (MOPS) gasoline and diesel also went up by USD1.15 per barrel and USD1.85 per barrel, respectively.
The oil price hike is also backed by depreciating local currency, which weakened by PHP0.33 against the US dollar week-on-week.
Year-to-date, gasoline prices increased by PHP15.10 per liter, diesel prices by PHP12.95 per liter, and kerosene prices by PHP0.95 per liter. (PNA)
Share this post:
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon