MANILA – Oil companies will implement a big-time price increase on Tuesday.
In separate advisories, Caltex, Cleanfuel, Petro Gazz, PTT Philippines, Seaoil, and Shell will raise gasoline prices by PHP1.45 per liter and diesel products by PHP2.05 per liter.
Caltex, Seaoil, and Shell will also hike kerosene prices by PHP2.05 per liter.
Other industry players are expected to follow suit.
Adjustments in local oil prices reflected the movements in the world oil market.
Last week, oil prices traded above USD80 — the first time in three years.
Market analysts expected that oil prices will continue to increase amid the growing demand and tighter supply of the commodity.
According to the Department of Energy’s bulletin, Dubai crude rose by USD1 per barrel week-on-week during September 20 and 24 trading.
Mean of Platts Singapore (MOPS) gasoline and diesel also went up by USD1.15 per barrel and USD1.85 per barrel, respectively.
The oil price hike is also backed by depreciating local currency, which weakened by PHP0.33 against the US dollar week-on-week.
Year-to-date, gasoline prices increased by PHP15.10 per liter, diesel prices by PHP12.95 per liter, and kerosene prices by PHP0.95 per liter. (PNA)
Share this post:
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success