LAW ENFORCERS arrested two individuals after they yielded illegal substances when they were inspected at the Lasang checkpoint on Saturday.
The military identified those arrested as Wilmar Franz Juerba Mellendrez, 30, single, of Purok 35, Cabantian; and, Ardjani Sescon Fernando, 31 years old, single, of Purok 3-A Luinab, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte.
The report said Mellendrez was on his way to the city when a bus he was riding arrived at a checkpoint at 3:30 pm. As the passengers were being inspected, he yielded a sachet of what authorities assumed was shabu with a street value of P9,600. He also yielded other things used in using the illegal substance.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, spokesperson of Task Force Davao, the unit supervising the checkpoint, added that about two hours later, it was Fernando’s turn to get arrested as he also yielded a small pack of marijuana worth about P1,000.
Fernando was a passenger of a private vehicle and was from Cateel, Davao Oriental.
The suspects and the pieces of evidence were turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for the filing of criminal complaints.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success