LAW ENFORCERS arrested two individuals after they yielded illegal substances when they were inspected at the Lasang checkpoint on Saturday.
The military identified those arrested as Wilmar Franz Juerba Mellendrez, 30, single, of Purok 35, Cabantian; and, Ardjani Sescon Fernando, 31 years old, single, of Purok 3-A Luinab, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte.
The report said Mellendrez was on his way to the city when a bus he was riding arrived at a checkpoint at 3:30 pm. As the passengers were being inspected, he yielded a sachet of what authorities assumed was shabu with a street value of P9,600. He also yielded other things used in using the illegal substance.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, spokesperson of Task Force Davao, the unit supervising the checkpoint, added that about two hours later, it was Fernando’s turn to get arrested as he also yielded a small pack of marijuana worth about P1,000.
Fernando was a passenger of a private vehicle and was from Cateel, Davao Oriental.
The suspects and the pieces of evidence were turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for the filing of criminal complaints.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence