LAW ENFORCERS arrested two individuals after they yielded illegal substances when they were inspected at the Lasang checkpoint on Saturday.
The military identified those arrested as Wilmar Franz Juerba Mellendrez, 30, single, of Purok 35, Cabantian; and, Ardjani Sescon Fernando, 31 years old, single, of Purok 3-A Luinab, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte.
The report said Mellendrez was on his way to the city when a bus he was riding arrived at a checkpoint at 3:30 pm. As the passengers were being inspected, he yielded a sachet of what authorities assumed was shabu with a street value of P9,600. He also yielded other things used in using the illegal substance.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, spokesperson of Task Force Davao, the unit supervising the checkpoint, added that about two hours later, it was Fernando’s turn to get arrested as he also yielded a small pack of marijuana worth about P1,000.
Fernando was a passenger of a private vehicle and was from Cateel, Davao Oriental.
The suspects and the pieces of evidence were turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for the filing of criminal complaints.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls