MANILA – A seventh aspiring president filed his certificate of candidacy (COC) on Saturday, another lean day that saw just three other national candidates at the Harbor Garden Tent of Sofitel Manila, Pasay City as of 2 p.m.
Victoriano Inte wants to succeed President Rodrigo Duterte while broadcast journalist Raffy Tulfo, former Senator JV Ejercito, and Joel “Pastor” Apolinario will seek Senate seats in the May 9, 2022 polls.
On Friday, Senator Manny Pacquiao and his running mate, Buhay Party-list Rep. Lito Atienza, filed their COCs along with three candidates for Vice President and 14 Senate hopefuls.
For the party-list race that will offer 63 slots, five groups joined the initial 18 and submitted their Certificates of Nomination and Acceptance — APEC, PHILRECA, RECOBODA, Ako Padayon Pilipino, and Abang Lingkod.
A COC must be filed personally, even by a representative. No COC via mail, electronic mail, or facsimile shall be accepted. (PNA)
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls